After dreaming and planning for years, you’ve finally decided to remodel your kitchen, a bathroom or add a cozy fireplace to your living room. Everyone has dreams about how we might enjoy our home more. The real challenge in most projects is finding the right contractor for the job. You have choices from acting as the general contractor yourself to hiring a builder or remodeler to manage the project for you.
Rather than tell you all the reasons why it makes sense to hire a remodeler like Greene Construction, we’ll share some of our customers stories and let them tell you what it’s like working with us.
Built In’s in a Customers Historic Newburyport Home
Getting the look you want is important to homeowners. Finding the right piece can take forever, which is why so many of our clients want custom built in’s: they are always the perfect fit! This project in downtown Newburyport is a home built in 1850. Working closely with the homeowner, we designed and built in place a media center with bookcases and cabinets. Drawers were sized to specifically fit their CD jewel collection. The flat screen television that had over whelmed the room before now takes it’s proper position, flanked by framed photographs and favorite books.
Here’s the 411 for this project:
- Design a full height built in to incorporate a tv and have storage and open shelves
- Match the existing paneled wood working was critical for the owner
- Dimmable Puck lighting shows off art and can help set the mood
- The Challenge: build a level unit, on a floor that fell out of plumb several inches
We also built a custom desk, on the wall opposite the media built in’s. Starting with a big Mac (as in apple, not the burger) we designed and built in place a desk that is centered between two windows that face the street.
- 20″ iMac had to fit and it needed to be at good height to support ergonomics
- File storage flanks the seating area & there’s a narrow drawer to hide desk stuff
- Open shelving above displays favorite photos in frames and books
- The owner chose “bin” style pulls for the drawers which suit this antique home
- A vintage medical revolving stool the owner chose is an ideal match to old meet new
- See more of this project and many others on You Tube
Sensational Results in Boxford Renovation
The big picture isn’t always easy to see – still, most homeowners have a really good idea of what they want for their living spaces. For this project, we teamed up with Shirley Stone from Stone Home Design of Newburyport to create an open, inviting kitchen with family room attached. The results are truly sensational! Here’s a rundown on what we did for this project:
- Structural support beams doubled the size of the kitchen, incorporating a mudroom into the kitchen and family room
- Tile floors for the kitchen and hallway
- Tile backsplash installed on the stove/range run
- Stainless steel full height backsplash for easy cleaning
- Glimmering granite tops look even more sensational when they’re flooded with natural light
- 20 recessed can lights help set the mood – whether it’s pulling together a family dinner or entertaining
- See more of this project on You Tube
One Customers Downtown Newburyport Condo Renovation
The downtown lifestyle is what this client craved most. But living in a 3 bedroom, 1 bath condo in a brick building built in the 1800′s presented her with some unique challenges: make more use of the space and update it to suit her entertaining style. Here’s a short list of what we did on this project.
- Structural changes to gain ceiling height.
- Hide systems: forced hot air duct work and electrical work.
- We added glass tile back splash in a sea foam green which cleans easily and shows off the new cabinetry we installed.
- Add recessed and under cabinet lighting.
- Watch a video of this renovation on You Tube.
Great Room Comes Alive in Newburyport MA
Chris and his wife wanted their signature great room to “come alive” so ordering standard components wasn’t an option for them. Instead we custom built each piece on site to create symmetry with the existing space. This gave the homeowners the opportunity to preview and collaborate on the overall appearance and functionality of these bookcases and built-in’s which included:
- Fireplace surround built with curve to match masonry.
- 2 Window seats with storage below.
- 4 Bookcases to hold books, display photos and more.
- Custom trim above the fireplace to accent thecathedral ceiling.
- 6 enclosed cabinets to store games, blankets and audio/video components.
- Lighting above the entire unit and within the bookcases.
- Click to watch a video of Chris in his signature great room.
We “Might as Well” in Newburyport MA
Gary and his wife wanted a new kitchen, and this project multiplied as they got to know Greg. A year might seem like a long time but not when you realize all the changes that happened in this house:
- Full kitchen remodel with lots more lighting, counter space, etc.
- Open concept living/dining room replaced 2 smaller, darker rooms.
- Cozy fireplace added to the new living room.
- Custom built-ins created a highly functional home office.
- Jacuzzi bathtub replaced by a spacious shower in the master bath.
- Updated the combination half-bath – laundry room.
- Click to visit Gary at home.
Integrating a Boxford Kitchen with the Outdoors
Lianne and her husband loved the feeling of their split-level contemporary. They also knew they wanted to update the kitchen and then they too added lots more projects to the list while Greene Construction was working at their home.
- Elegant new kitchen with lots more … everything.
- Wall of 12-inch deep cabinets for lots more kitchen storage.
- Skylights, new windows and a patio door too.
- Removed the fireplace ledge to improve movement between the kitchen, dining and living rooms.
- Replaced wood stove with half wall bookcase.
- Updated master and shared bathrooms.